JSON Data Source
in an open standard file format and data exchange format. The data objects consist of attribute-
value shares, arrays, or other serializable values. JSON is a popular data format that is used for a
range of different situations, including web applications with servers.
requirement for stateless real-time server-to-browser communication protocol without using plug-
ins. JSON data types include number, string, boolean, array, object, and null.
The language of JSON enables you to move data from one place to another in a similar manner to
XML, in that it uses tags and is self-describing. However, there are many ways that they differ.
If you have a large amount of data that uses JSON, it is vital that you send it to your data warehouse
or storage process through a data pipeline – using the process of ETL or ELT. Here at Gravity Data,
our ELT or ETL tools can be used to carry out this process.
ETL Your JSON
When you have larger amounts of JSON data, it needs to be properly organised and brought
together so that analysis can be carried out and it can be made useable for a business. This process
is known as ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) or ELT (Extract, Load, Transform).
With ETL or ELT you can pull the data through to your business’s data storage quickly, easily, and
securely, helping you to get a better understanding of your business.
JSON Use Cases
There are many different ways that JSON files can be used, including:
- Store data in JSON files
- Creating a JSON object from a user-submitted form
- Transferring data between two different systems
- For configuration data
- Serializing and transmitting structured data over a network connection
Features of JSON
JSON has many features, making it a popular choice for many businesses. Some of these features
- It is readable and simple to use
- Short memory optimisation
- Fast accessibility
- No complicated syntax or tabs
- Compatible with modern programming languages
Create JSON data pipelines
Why use Gravity to build real-time data pipelines with JSON
- Simple: No code set-up of your data pipelines for JSON
- Secure: Enterprise security and accreditations to keep your data safe
- Reliable: Gravity’s real-time engine supports high throughput of JSON and manages failures elegantly to ensure your data arrives at the destination
- Scalable: High volume with autoscaling to support your real-time data pipelines