Oracle Data Source
Oracle is a multi-model, relational database management system. It is used by businesses mainly for
data warehousing, online transaction processing, (OLTP) or a mixture of the two. Businesses can use
Oracle on-prem, on-cloud, or as a hybrid. There are several different editions of Oracle, including the
Enterprise Edition, Express Edition, Standard Edition, and Personal Edition.
Oracle’s relational database was the first to support SQL – which is now an industry standard. Always
at the forefront of industry updates, Oracle operates with an open, complete, and integrated
approach. It provides scalability for businesses, giving them control of their database, enabling them
to use it for analytics, performance optimisation, and discovering insights.
The data that Oracle generates enables you to gain a better understanding of your business and your
customers, giving you meaningful information that can be used to drive continual improvemet. By
moving this information into your own data storage, you can combine, aggregate, and analyse this
data to give you a better understanding. This can be carried out through the Extract, Transform,
Load (ETL) or Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) process.
ETL Your Oracle
The ETL or ELT process is a data pipeline that moves the data from Oracle to your data warehouse or
storage process. Using Gravity Data’s ELT or ETL tool, you can carry out this process at speed, ease,
and in a secure manner, giving you the data that you need, in an organised and meaningful form,
when you need it.
Oracle Use Cases
Oracle is used by businesses of all sizes across the world. Some of its use cases include:
- Storing and quickly access data
- Supporting complex worksheets
- Consolidating databases and scaling
- Backing up and recovering data
- Supporting multiple programming languages
- Accessing analytics data
Features of Oracle
Oracle is the preferred database for storing, organising, and retrieving data for many businesses.
Some of its features include:
- 24/7 availability RAC and portability
- Supports PL/SQL
- ACID-compliant framework
For more information about Oracle, you can visit their website here.Oracle Database ETL - Try it free
Create Oracle Database data pipelines
Why use Gravity to build real-time data pipelines with Oracle Database
- Simple: No code set-up of your data pipelines for Oracle Database
- Secure: Enterprise security and accreditations to keep your data safe
- Reliable: Gravity’s real-time engine supports high throughput of Oracle Database and manages failures elegantly to ensure your data arrives at the destination
- Scalable: High volume with autoscaling to support your real-time data pipelines