Rakuten Data Source
Online retailing and e-commerce company, Rakuten is based in Japan and is based on a business-to-
many e-commerce model. Some of Rakuten’s digital services include Viber, the messaging app, Kobo
– the e-book distributer, and Rakuten Mobile. Rakuten also incorporates FinTech services, e-
commerce, food delivery, travel booking, marketing, and data analysis.
The company has also been named the ‘Japanese Amazon’ due to its wide range of services and
similar operations, but it has been slowly shutting down its online marketplace in some countries.
Rakuten was previously known as buy.com and operates in 29 countries and 2 regions globally.
Rakuten provides a range of different services to its customers – and this can generate a great deal of
data. With this data in your business’s own data storage facility, you can make informed knowledge-
based business decisions, helping to drive your enterprise forward to success. Gravity Data’s Extract,
Transform, Load (ETL) or Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) tool can be used to pull data from Rakuten
into your business’ own data storage facility.
ETL Your Rakuten
With Gravity Data’s ETL or ELT tool, your data can be securely and quickly moved to your data
warehouse or data storage process. It is simple to do and can save your business money on time and
labour costs, as well as giving you the meaningful information that you need to run your business
Rakuten Use Cases
Rakuten is used by many businesses around the world. Some of its use cases include:
- Messaging app
- Food delivery
- Travel booking
- Online cashback
- Internet portal and digital content
- Marketing and data analysis
- Online survey
For more information about Rakuten, visit their website here.Rakuten ETL - Try it free
Create Rakuten data pipelines
Why use Gravity to build real-time data pipelines with Rakuten
- Simple: No code set-up of your data pipelines for Rakuten
- Secure: Enterprise security and accreditations to keep your data safe
- Reliable: Gravity’s real-time engine supports high throughput of Rakuten and manages failures elegantly to ensure your data arrives at the destination
- Scalable: High volume with autoscaling to support your real-time data pipelines