Amazon Redshift Data Source
Cloud-based Amazon Redshift is part of the Amazon Services Web Platform and is designed specially
to handle large data sets and database migrations. It is capable of handling analytic workloads on big
data, data sets if they are stored by a column-orientated DBMS principle. It differs from Amazon RDS
in that it allows up to 16 petabytes of data on a cluster – compared to Amazon RDS’s 16 terabytes.
Amazon Redshift uses compression and parallel processing to enable it to process high numbers of
rows of data at the same time. This means that it can be used to store and analyse huge amounts of
data, giving you the understanding that you need to push your business forward.
Amazon Redshift can produce the data that is required by your business for greater insights. The
fully-managed data warehouse can help you to store and analyse your data, and when used in
conjunction with Gravity Data’s ETL or ELT tool, you can transport your data directly to your own
business’s storage facility.
ETL Your Amazon Redshift
With Gravity Data’s Extract, Transform, Load, or Extract, Load, Transform tool, you can securely,
quickly, and easily take your data from Amazon Redshift, and put it straight into your data
warehouse or storage process. This can be used to help you to analyse your data – especially big
data, giving you important information that can be used to propel your business forward.
Amazon Redshift Use Cases
Amazon Redshift can provide you with high-quality, useful information, at a good price. Some of its
use cases include:
- Allows for flexibility
- Instant scale-up and down
- Runs complex analytic queries
- Store and grow business data
- Store cloud databases
Features of Amazon Redshift
Amazon Redshift uses compression and massive parallel processing to enable it to process the data
at speed. Some of its other features include:
- Scale up to 16 petabytes
- Standard SQL
- Column-oriented DBMS principle
- ODBC and JDBC connections
- Over 6,500 deployments
For more information about Amazon Redshift, you can visit their website here.Amazon Redshift ETL - Try it free
Move data from all your sources into Amazon Redshift
Why use Gravity to build real-time data pipelines with Amazon Redshift?
- Simple: No code set-up of your data pipelines for Amazon Redshift
- Secure: Enterprise security and accreditations to keep your data safe
- Reliable: Gravity’s real-time engine supports high throughput of Amazon Redshift and manages failures elegantly to ensure your data arrives at the destination
- Scalable: High volume with autoscaling to support your real-time data pipelines